Wireless Keyboard Statistics: Wireless keyboards are computer keyboard that enables users to connect with laptops, tablets, and laptops with the aid in the form of radio frequencies (RF) devices, like WIFI or Bluetooth or Infrared (IR) technology. It is typical to find wireless keyboards nowadays to be accompanied by a wireless mouse.
Wireless keyboards that integrate with infrared technology make use of light waves to transmit the signals to an infrared-activated device. In the same way, wireless keyboards based on radio frequency utilize signals in an area from 27 MHz to 2.4 GHz. Many wireless keyboards operate with a 2.4 GHz frequency.
The wireless keyboard integrated with RF technology is connected using two components, namely a radio transmitter and a radio receiver. Finally, Bluetooth technology has been extensively used in recent years. Bluetooth devices can be linked via Bluetooth protocol.
Wireless keyboards can be found in a variety of applications as extensions for tablets as well as monitors, smart TVs as well and others. Traditional keyboards are usually less expensive and simpler to set up than wireless keyboards. However, some of the features of traditional keyboards like the inability to carry them around and the lack of connectivity to devices like smartphones, tablets smart TVs, tablets, and many more, people prefer wireless keyboards over traditional ones.
In addition, the increasing acceptance of wireless keyboards because of the growing popularity of wireless devices makes it simpler for keyboards that are wireless to enjoy an advantage over conventional keyboards.
WHAT WE HAVE ON THIS PAGE
- 1 Editor’s Choice
- 2 Wireless Keyboard Market Forecast
- 3 Keyboards Market Segmentation According to Technology
- 4 Keyboard Market Segmentation by Application
- 5 Keyboard Market Segmentation Platform
- 6 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Global Wireless Keyboard Market
- 7 Country-wise Insights
- 8 Major Keyboard Companies
- 9 Market Dynamics
- 10 Key Industry Development
- 11 Conclusion
- Market Size and Growth: The Wireless Keyboard market is valued at $4.8 billion in 2023. A steady growth rate of 1.72% annually is projected from 2023 to 2028.
- Leading Market: China leads in revenue, expected to reach $1,143 million in 2023.
- Revenue Per Capita: In 2023, the revenue per person in this market is estimated at $0.63.
- Future Market Size: By 2028, the market is forecasted to expand to 275.6 million units.
- Annual Growth Rate: The year 2024 will see keyboards grow at a rate of 1.7%.
- Per Capita Consumption: The average number of keyboards per person is projected to be minimal in 2023.
Wireless Keyboard Market Forecast
It is estimated that the market size in the market for Wireless Keyboard was valued at US$1,389.8 Million in 2022. 1,389.8 Million by 2022 and it is predicted to reach US$2773.7 Million by 2033. 2,773.7 Million at the end of 2033. Wireless keyboards are predicted to be US1,459.3 million in 2023. 1,459.3 Million by 2023. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.6% between 2023 and 2033.
Wireless keyboards are keyboards that can be connected to a tablet, computer, or any other device without physical cables. Instead, the keyboard utilizes wireless technology, for instance, Bluetooth or WIFI, to connect with the device. The wireless keyboard comprises 25.7% of the world market for PC accessories.
Wireless Keyboard Statistics typically require rechargeable batteries or batteries to provide the wireless connection and often include the USB receiver that connects to your device’s USB connector to create the link.
Wireless keyboards have many advantages over traditional wired keyboards including more mobility and flexibility and less the amount of clutter that can be found on desks. They are popular with people who prefer not being tied to a computer or want to use a keyboard using devices that don’t include a built-in keyboard like a tablet, as well as a smart TV.
The Wireless Keyboard Statistics market in North America held, 27.5% , which was the largest market share on the global landscape in 2022. It is expected to maintain its position in the next forecast period. The demand for wireless keyboards within the Europe region was 18.3% of the market by 2022.
Keyboards Market Segmentation According to Technology
This wireless keyboard market is predicted to see significant growth in the forecast time. Factors such as the growing use of computers (PCs) and the increase in their applications in the government and education sectors are major factors in the development of this segment. In addition, the growing gaming market is also fueling the popularity of keyboards. Many market players are working with e-sports organizations to provide gaming equipment like keyboards, mice, as well as mouse pads.
The cabled keyboard market was by far the biggest in terms of value, and it was worth USD 1,832.64 million in 2017. Even though there is a growing demand for keyboards across different industries, issues like the need for a specific kind of connector and cable, as well as the ongoing maintenance of complicated wires, as well as the increasing wired system, are likely to restrict its use.
This is why there is a growing demand to go with the Wireless Keyboard Statistics segment among users. Several market players are providing more wireless keyboards to the market, due to the development of new technologies like Bluetooth as well as Wi-Fi.
Wireless keyboards are commonly utilized by companies in the corporate sector as well as for personal use and also for e-sports play, however, the rise of wireless keyboards as well as their widespread use across different applications may negatively impact the expansion of this segment. Therefore, this segment is anticipated to see modest growth in the keyboard market globally over the forecast time.
Keyboard Market Segmentation by Application
Among the segments based on application, the personal computer (PC) segment is expected to account for a major revenue share in the global Wireless Keyboard Statistics market and is projected to continue with its dominance over the next 10 years.
Increasing production and sales of PCs, coupled with rising demand for wireless keyboards for PCs are factors anticipated to support revenue growth of the segment in the coming years. The smart TV application segment is projected to register a considerable growth rate owing to the increasing demand for smart TVs.
Keyboard Market Segmentation Platform
Among the segments based on platform, the Windows segment is expected to account for a significant share of the target market in terms of revenue, owing to a large number of PCs with the Windows operating system. The Android segment is expected to account for a considerable revenue share in the global market as the number of Android phone users is expected to continue to incline over the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Global Wireless Keyboard Market
During the period of the COVID-19 pandemic, there was an increase in the steaming of online games due to which the demand for wireless keyboards has also increased among gamers. The easy portability and connectivity of wireless keyboards support gamers in their work. For instance, in May 2020, Logitech launched the Logitech G915 TKL Tenkeyless Lightspeed Wireless RGB mechanical gaming keyboard which is specially made for the gaming purpose with 16.8 million colors, that aims to enhance the gaming experience for the users.
In addition, several gaming market players such as Nintendo and Tencent have witnessed an increase in their sales during the first quarter of 2021, post-pandemic, which will further spur the growth of the market. As per the Annual Report of Tencent 2021, the company estimated revenue increased by 25% to $21 billion in March 2021.
Potential Sales Opportunities for Computer Keyboards within India
In India, keyboards for computers are being increasingly used by businesses due to their low cost extremely portable, small in dimensions easy to clean and manipulate, and dependable and long-lasting. Furthermore, India is an ethnically diverse nation, with many dialects spoken throughout the various regions of the country. The sales could increase since multilingual keyboards are in place that accommodate different language preferences. Because of these reasons, market sales for India are projected to increase by a CAGR of 2.0% over the period from 2023 until 2033.
Numerous opportunities in the Computer Keyboards Market in the United Kingdom
A growing demand for ergonomics within the workplace and numerous manufacturers of keyboards that focus specifically on ergonomically designed keyboards is expected to assist in the growth of the market in the coming years. Local keyboard manufacturers offer high-end, affordable ergonomic products. This has prompted major companies to provide similar products to increase their client base and gain an advantage in the marketplace.
Keyboards are instances of computer gadgets that are frequently upgraded and replaced. People may be enticed to replace their outdated keyboards with more contemporary models with more features, aesthetics, and performance as technology advances and new features are introduced. Based on the analysis the country was able to hold just 2.1% of the market share by 2022.
United States Market Outlook for Computer Keyboards
In the market for computer keyboards in the United States, it was the United States accounted for 65.4% of the market share in this North American region. The market in Wireless Keyboard Statistics has increased significantly in the last few years, mainly for tech-related consultants. They provide support for the wrists and hands of users and offer a lot more quality comfort compared to traditional keyboards. The increasing amount of internet users around the world has increased the demand for keyboards that are computer-based across the United States. With the increasing popularity of ergonomic keyboards among people from the region, this analysis suggests the fact that North America represents a highly competitive market for computer keyboards.
Europe along with North America are placed first and second according to the level of technological maturity, due to their continuous investments in cutting-edge technology including Bluetooth and other advancements. Therefore, North America and Europe remain the most appealing regions in the marketplace for keyboards for computers.
Major Keyboard Companies
Companies are using a variety of strategies, including strategic alliances or partnerships as well as mergers and acquisitions expansion of their geographic footprint, as well as new product or service launches to increase their market presence.
- A4TECH – The company offers keyboards, such as Bluetooth as well as wireless keyboards that illuminate thin, traditional keyboards
- ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. – The company sells keyboards like Rog Gaming keyboards Tuff Gaming keyboards, as well as the Asus Safaris GK1100 gaming keyboard.
- Cooler Master Technology – The company provides keyboards like Sakura limited keyboards mechanical switch keyboards Gaming keyboards, and more.
- Dell Technologies Inc – Dell earnings for 12 months that ended July 31st, 2023, was $93.616B which is which is a 12.47% decrease year-over-year. Dell’s income in 2023 totaled $102.301B that’s an increase of 1.09% increase over the year 2022. Dell’s annual revenue for 2022 was $101.197B which is which is a 16.76% increase over the year 2021. Dell revenues for the year 2021 stood at $86.67B which is an increase of 2.19 percentage increase from the previous year.
- EPOMAKER – Its Epomaker TH80 Pro is great for programming. It’s built well and provides an impressive typing experience. We tried it with Epomaker Flamingo switches, which are extremely sensitive switches with shorter travel. However, it’s also available in a variety of different stock Epomaker as well as Gateron Pro switches.
- GN Store Nord AS – The company was established in 1869 as The Great Northern Telegraph Company (Det Store Nordiske telegrafselskab A/S) located in Denmark in June 1869. It was created by a merger of three telegraph companies that had recently been established and started by Danish industrial entrepreneur Carl
- Frederik Tietgen – The company’s goal was to establish the world’s largest telegraph company.
- HP Inc. – Hewlett-Packard Company It is an American producer of computer software and services and a leading name in the time of computer products and computers. The company split up its operations in the year 2015, forming two separate companies: HP Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
- Keetronics India Pvt. Ltd. – Keetronics was started by a savvy entrepreneur Mr. Rajesh Kulkarni in 1994. He had a solid background in the manufacturing of Membrane Keyboards before he set up the Company. Keetronics is staffed by skilled and knowledgeable employees who manage day-to-day activities.
- Kinesis Corp. – Kinesis Corporation is the leader in the marketplace for providing the latest research in ergonomics and workplace productivity to professionals as well as PC gamers.
- Lenovo Group Ltd. – Lenovo Group Limited commonly abbreviated to Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology firm that specializes in the design, manufacture, and marketing of personal computers, consumer electronics business solutions, software, and other related services.
The global wireless keyboard market is expected to grow at a significant CAGR over the forecast period. Major factors driving the growth of the target market include the increasing adoption of wireless keyboards by professional graphics and digital designers, along with a growing number of PC game enthusiasts.
Various advantages offered by wireless keyboards such as comfort, flexibility in usage, multi-compatibility features, and greater maneuverability make them more popular when compared to conventional wired keyboards.
In addition, increasing investments by market players for R&D activities to offer innovative products such as slim wireless keyboards, ergonomically designed, and integrated with voice recognition technology is expected to widen the customer base for the players and support market growth in the coming years.
However, the comparatively higher cost of wireless keyboards than wired ones, battery life issues, and limited availability of various models are some of the factors that could restrain revenue growth of the global wireless keyboard market over the forecast period.
Key Industry Development
- Introduction of low-profile wireless keyboards: Key players in the market have launched low-profile wireless keyboards that offer a sleek design and shorter key travel distance. These keyboards cater to users who prefer a slim profile and a more compact typing experience.
- Expansion of wireless keyboard compatibility: Manufacturers focus on ensuring compatibility with a wide range of devices, including PCs, Macs, gaming consoles, smart TVs, and mobile devices. This broad compatibility enhances the versatility of wireless keyboards and expands their potential user base.
The Wireless Keyboard Statistics market is experiencing robust growth, fueled by factors such as convenience, flexibility, and rising demand for wireless connectivity. The market offers significant opportunities for industry participants, including the gaming segment, ergonomic keyboards, and portable solutions.
While challenges like battery life limitations and signal interference exist, continuous innovation, strategic partnership, and market expansion can help companies thrive in this competitive landscape. With the increasing adoption of wireless devices and the evolution of user preference, the wireless keyboard market is poised for a bright future.