Companies these days want to be seen to do their part when it comes to keeping the environment around us green, and every slight effort is trumpeted so that their efforts are not lost on anybody. Most recently, we have Sony Ericsson touting their GreenHeart initiative which sees products that fall under the GreenHeart movement to be degrees “greener” than regular ones, with the Sony Ericsson Cedar being the latest cellphone to fall under that category. This handset will target those who want to stay connected to family and friends through phone calls, text messages and social networking sites without breaking the bank while keeping their consciences clear that the phone itself has some green features along the way to leave a better planet for our kids.
With a name like the Sony Ericsson Cedar, you will be able to enjoy an easy-to-use social networking experience with the Widget Manager 2.0, where this application lets you access a bevy of social networking sites through its stand-by screen. Not only that, the Cedar is also a joy to hold and look at, thanks to its human curvature design which is now a consistent feature across the Sony Ericsson portfolio. Other features and specifications are as follows :-
- UMTS HSDPA 2100
- GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- UMTS HSDPA 850/1900/2100
- EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- Widget Manager 2.0 allows easy access to your favourite social network and applications
- Social network applications – Facebook, Twitter and MySpace
- Keep contacts close – hassle-free phone book transfer and web backup
- Stay organised with calendar, phone book, email
- Fast browsing with 3G and direct access to the web browser
- EAS Push email and modem connectivity
- Connect your headphones on the 3.5mm jack and enjoy music, video on the go
- Capture the moment with the 2-megapixel camera and send it by MMS
- Human curvature design – fits into the palm of the hand
In a quest to make the whole experience greener, the Sony Ericsson Cedar comes with a host of green credentials including recycled plastics, a low power consumption charger, an e-manual, waterborne paint and compact packaging. You can choose from black/silver or black/red color schemes when the Cedar hits the market this Q3.