Passwords are a burden but a necessary evil, I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve had to reset a password for a site I’ve not visited for a while. If you’ve got the memory of a fish the Mandylion Password Manager may be the answer (albeit an expensive one).
The technology behind the Mandylion comes from the US military so you’d hope it is secure. It boosts to of being tested for 3 years in real warfare environments, so we’d also expect it to be pretty rugged.
One of my favourite features is the self destruct mode after ‘x’ number of invalid entry attempts though I think it will just delete all details rather than going up in a poof of smoke.
Other features include:
- Manages up to 50 login records simultaneously
- Generates cryptographically strong passwords
- Complies with all DoD, Govt. & Industry Password Security Policies
- Multiple tamper-resistant features and lockout alarms
- Manages Root and Group passwords
- Cradle connection via USB
- Enterprise Grade – Pre-Configurable for User
- Kit containing: 5 tokens, a configuration cradle, Policy Master Configuration Software and locking
- Dimensions: Approx. 2.5″ x 1.5″ x .375″ (65mm x 45mm x 10mm)
- One-year warranty
It is available from Think geek for a costly $269 but that does include 5 fobs so it’s more suited to the commercial environments or large ultra security conscious families.
Comments are closed.