There are puzzles that toy with our minds in a fun way, and then there are those meant only to try and cause harm to your brain. The Rubik’s Cube is a fun little teaser which can keep you occupied for some time if you don’t know the trick to solve it. To the untrained eye, it can seem very difficult. Needless to say, that’s only the tip of the iceberg for this sort of puzzle, but someone decided using colors wasn’t difficult enough.
For those of you who enjoy math, and solving what seems like the most complicated tests of the mind, the Magic Cube might be of interest. This is a Mathematic 3D Logic Puzzle that has a different series of numbers on each face. This includes:
- Prime Number Series – A prime number is a whole number that is greater than one and has exactly two factors: 1 and itself. These are the first 9 prime numbers in an infinite series.
- Fibonacci Series – To obtain each number of the series, you simple add the two numbers that came before it. Each number in the series is the sum of the two numbers preceding it.
- Triangle Series – This exponentially expanding set of numbers is generated from a pattern of dots which form an equilateral triangle. By adding another row of dots you can find the next number of the sequence.
- Magic Square – A magic square is an arrangement of numbers in a square grid, where the numbers in each row, column, and diagonal add up to 15.
- Digits of Pi – Pi is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter.
- Digits of E – Euler’s number is a mathematical constant, an irrational number, and one of the most important numbers in mathematics.
Needless to say, this one is going to be a doozy. All the faces have to be solved for it to be ‘completed’. If you’re up for a rousing headache, this will cost you around $20.
Available for purchase on ThinkGeek