Australian company SMS Developments Ltd has just announced the world’s first truly mobile GSM watch phone. From the pictures it doesn’t look much bigger than a conventional (albeit bulky) watch but also sports full voice and SMS capabilities.
Must admit I’m some what surprised that this sort of technology has taken so long to hit the market. It just seemed a matter of time (no pun intended) before mobile technology was small enough to cram into an ordinary wrist watch.
Full details are a bit sparse at the moment but the specs include:
- Mode : GSM/GPRS 900/1800/1900 MHZ
- Dimensions : 43 x 56 x 14.8 mm
- Display : 65K OLED (0.9″)
- Memory : 128 * 32
- Internal type antenna
- Bluetooth (with bluetooth headset for voice call only)
- SIM Card support
- Speaker Phone Text base UI
- Talk Time 80 Minutes, Standby Time 70 hours
The M300 is available to buy online from MyMobileWatch for $649 AUD (~$500 USD), hat tip to Rohan of Gizoo for the info.
Comments are closed.