The Dsus DS-400GB rear view camera is truly a thing of wonder – it looks like a standard rear view camera, but offers way much more functionality compared to the standard rear view mirror you get in your vehicle. Hailing all the way from the East (China), don’t be misled by the Dsus DS-400GB name given to the device. It is not an offshoot of Asus, and neither does it feature 400GB worth of storage space.
The Dsus DS-400GB itself comes with a video input that allows you to hook up a rear-mounted camera. This camera will kick in the moment the vehicle is put into reverse, switching from whatever current GPS information display to a live view of whatever’s located right behind your car. At last, you no longer need to rely on those reverse sensors when attempting to park and you will be able to park even in extremely tight spots without worrying about giving your car insurance agent a call due to a miscalculation.
Some of the specifications found on the Dsus DS-400GB include the following :-
- Samsung S3C2440A 400MHz processor
- Windows CE 4.2 operating system
- 4″ touch screen display at 480 x 272 resolution
- Rear view camera to prevent untoward accidents
- Bluetooth connectivity for hands free calling when driving
- Integrated speakers (a pair with each having 1 watt amplifiers)
- Audio and video playback
- SD memory card slot for expansion option
- SiRF Star III GPS chipset for navigation purposes
There is no word on how much RAM the Dsus DS-400GB comes with, and neither do we have any idea on just how much flash memory is available for your use before you augment it with an SD memory card. There is no word on pricing either, but I would say that this is a pretty handy device to have if you tend to back up into garbage bins and puppies. Just kidding about the latter 😉
Source: Windows for Devices