Are you currently in the market for a netbook? If the answer is in the affirmative, then folks living in the US will be pleased to know that they have yet another model to choose from, with Acer spearheading the effort this time around. The netbook in question would be the 10.1″ Aspire One AOD150, which Acer hopes to further increase its market share that has already seen its smaller 8.9″ predecessor make a splash earlier on. The Aspire One AOD150 will start from an extremely affordable $349.99 upwards.
Specifications and features of the Acer Aspire One AOD150 include :-
- Intel® Atom™ Processor N270 (1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 Cache)
- Windows XP® Home with Service Pack 3
- 10.1-inch WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite™ TFT LCD 1024 x 600
- Mobile Intel® 945GSE Express Chipset
- 1024MB DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM Single Channel Memory
- Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- 160GB SATA 5400RPM Hard Drive
- Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
- Acer InviLink™ 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
- Acer Crystal Eye Web Camera
- Two Built-in Stereo Speakers
- Three USB 2.0 Ports
- 6-cell Li-ion Battery (4400 mAh)
- 2.95 lbs.
- 10.2” (W) x 8.0” (D) x 1.31” (H)
You will be able to choose from a quartet of high-gloss color options including seashell white, sapphire blue, ruby red and diamond black to suit your personality. It isn’t all just work though, as Acer has made sure it looks good as well with stylish details such as an aerodynamic-shaped metallic hinge with a colored accent and a brushed-metal palm rest that are pleasing to the eyes. Each purchase will also come with preinstalled software from Acer including Acer eRecovery Management, Acer Launch Manager, Adobe Reader, McAfee Internet Security Suite, Microsoft Office Trial 2007. A one-year limited warranty is standard practice here, and we think this would do pretty well considering the size and design factors, as I find it most comfortable to work with a 10.1″ netbook’s keyboard. Anything smaller and I get finger cramps shortly thereafter.