TomTom has a couple of new GPS navigation systems for the masses in the form of the TomTom XL 350 and XXL 550 series, where these latest models will throw in the new TomTom EasyMenu as well as all the quality navigation features which have become synonymous with TomTom, where millions of customers worldwide have relied on their devices to help them get from point A to point B safe and sound in the fastest manner possible. All TomTom products that fall under the XL 350 and XXL 550 range sports sharp graphics and a simple touchscreen menu which offers speedy access to search tools, letting users get started on their journey to arrive at their destination a we bit faster – we’re talking about a few seconds shaved off here, probably. With the inclusion of TomTom’s proprietary IQ Routes Technology and TomTom Map Share, you will be able to enjoy the most efficient routing for any time of day or day of week as well as the ability to make map improvements on your device itself just while sharing these improvements with the rest of the TomTom community – without having to wait for a proper official update.
There will be a handful of devices across the new range of XL 350 and XXL 550 devices that will come with Lifetime Maps and/or Lifetime Traffic Updates :-
- Lifetime Map Updates feature allows users to keep their maps fresh by downloading, every few months, the industry’s most accurate and up-to-date maps.
- The maps include one million more miles than competing maps and, in certified tests, rate highest in terms of quality and reliability. Because an average of 18% of road information changes each year, maps are continually refreshed to include improvements across the entire road network and updates to points of interest (POIs). With Lifetime Map Updates, consumers always have access to the best maps available.
- Lifetime Map Updates are available on XL 350M, XL 350TM, XXL 550M and XXL 550TM devices.
- Lifetime Traffic Updates feature offers real-time insight into current traffic conditions to help drivers avoid delays.
- The TomTom device receives the latest, constantly-updated traffic information; recalculates total drive time; and suggests more efficient alternate routes if they are available.
- Combined with TomTom IQ Routes, the real-time traffic information via Lifetime Traffic Updates, ensures the smartest and fastest routing possible.
- Lifetime Traffic Updates are available on XL 350T, XL 350TM, XXL 550 T, XXL 550 TM devices.
Other features include preloaded premium maps of the US, Canada and Mexico from Tele Atlas, MapShare on demand updates, IQ Routes, over 7 million points of interest, Advanced Lane Guidance and EasyMenu among others. The XL 350 4.3″ model and the XL 550 5.0″ model are also part of the new series, where the X50 range will hit the market later this May from $169 upwards for the 4.3″ model, while the 5″ model will start from $199. If you want to include Lifetime Maps and Lifetime Traffic Updates, those can be purchased by forking out another $30.