NEC Display Solutions of America aims to reinvigorate its S Series line of commercial LCD displays with the 52-inch S521 that will be accompanied by the 40-inch S401 and 46-inch S461 LCD displays as well. All three of them will be full High Definition displays that sport 1080p resolution in order to provide your target audiences with the best image quality possible regardless of where the LCD display is paraded, and they have also been specially designed to function in a host of environments with extended operation times, including airports, retail and other public areas. Not only that, you can also opt to use them in other more formal applications including corporate boardrooms, meeting rooms and video conferencing systems. To know more about these LCD displays, why not head on to the extended post?
The S521 is naturally the leader of the pack at the moment, so let us focus on it instead of its lesser brethren. Boasting an ambient light sensor, you will be able to offer your audience optimum brightness based on existing light conditions. Apart from that, the S521 comes with an Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite that offers over 30 built-in features to benefit a variety of applications. Despite all of its specifications and features, environmentalists need not fret since this comes wtih a low level of power consumption while boasting a handful of digital connection options to keep up with the times. It does not forget about the good old days either, sporting standard analog connections to satisfy the myriad of large-format display applications. Other connectivity options include Ethernet, IR, RS-232 in/out and DDC/CI.
To get a better idea on what the NEC S521 offers, here is a list of specifications and features :-
- 1920 x 1080 full high-definition resolution
- Brightness up to 500 cd/m²
- Business-grade panel with advanced cooling design to prevent likeliness of image retention and improved color uniformity
- Broad connectivity with DisplayPort, VGA, DVI-D, 5 BNC (RGB/HV), composite, component, S-Video, HDMI
- Enhanced control through Ethernet, RS-232 in/out, IR and DDC/CI
- Built-in expansion slot, which increases connectivity options and methods for displaying content
- Real-time clock and built-in scheduler, which allows for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down, increasing lifecycle and saving energy
- Video wall capabilities including Individual or Group ID functions, copy settings function; TileMatrix™ (up to 100 displays in a 10 x 10 matrix) and TileComp™ technologies
- AmbiBright, which assures users constant and consistent brightness in any lighting condition with the ambient light sensor
- Carbon footprint meter, which calculates and tracks carbon savings
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
- Built-in tuner, which allows users to stream content as high as 1080P, as well as ATSC/NTCS/Clear QAM signals (S521-AVT only or through MPD-DTi tuner card accessory)
- Optional accessories and products for the S521 include the NEC Display Wall Calibrator, SpectraViewII™ Color Calibration Kit, stand, speakers, wall mount, single board computer, DVI daisy chain module and internal HD-SDI card. The new MPD-DTi analog/digital tuner card enables users without a tuner to broadcast digital signage content and stream television and Internet material
Expect the S521 and S521-AVT to retail for $2,699 and $2,849, respectively, as they ship later this month.