The HTC Droid Incredible is ready to rock and roll Stateside, where it will arrive today at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. Of course, for folks who prefer to do their shopping online, there is always the option of pointing your browser to www.verizonwireless.com and place an order for this, er, incredible handset. The asking price for the Droid Incredible? It is going for a relatively affordable $199.99, although this is after sending in a $100 mail-in rebate and committing yourself to a spanking new two-year customer agreement. If you have been holding out for a brand new smartphone, the HTC Droid Incredible could very well be a decent purchase, unless of course, you are looking at the iPhone 4G which is touted to overcome many of the current iPhone 3GS’ weaknesses. The choice is yours, but before you make it, why not check out the HTC Droid Incredible in greater detail after the jump?
You can expect the HTC Droid Incredible to run incredibly fast when it comes to surfing the Internet and accessing data online, since it will run on the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G network. It will be equipped with the latest version of the HTC Sense experience, where you will be able to enjoy a seven-panel home screen with a wide selection of interactive widgets, letting all the most important content being made immediately available at but a touch. Customers will be able to enjoy seamless integration with Exchange ActiveSync, while quick and easy access to Flickr makes it a snap to share and view pictures, video, and Android Market with over 30,000 Google applications to choose from. This is also the first smartphone by HTC on Verizon Wireless to offer the speedy Qualcomm 1GHz superfast Snapdragon processor, not to mention an impressive 8-megapixel camera. Other key features include :-
- Android 2.1 with HTC Sense experience
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor for maximum responsiveness
- Friend Stream for unified Flickr, Facebook and Twitter updates
- “Leap” view for quick access to all seven home screen panels
- 8 megapixel camera with dual LED flash for crisp, detailed images
- Razor-sharp 3.7 inch WVGA (480×800) AMOLED capacitive touch display
- Optical joystick for smooth navigation
- Dedicated, touch-sensitive Home, Menu, Back and Search keys
- Proximity sensor, light sensor and digital compass
- Integrated GPS
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- 3.5 mm headset jack
If you happen to pick up the Droid Incredible by HTC before May 31, 2010, you will benefit from a complimentary 2GB memory card. Any takers so far?