We’ve reported before on digital picture frames but when looking at the new stuff on ThinkGeek this one caught my eye.
It’s got all the standard features of ordinary digital picture frames but has a few extra features to keep us true gadgets lovers happy, firstly it doesn’t need to be connected to a computer, it accepts a wealth of different memory cards (why there are this many different types of memory cards I’ll never know).
It also boosts inbuilt speakers so you can listen to your favourite tunes whilst doing a slide show of your holiday pics. And like the pictures on Harry Potter you can display moving images, this could be a great way yo convince somebody there going mad by having a picture wink at them and then denying all knowledge. It supports both MPEG-I and II movie files.
Full features are (lifted from ThinkGeek):
- Displays digital pictures (JPEG) without a computer
- Simply insert a compatible memory card into the digital frame to show photos, play MP3 music or supported video files
- Compatible memory cards include SD Memory Cards, MultiMedia Card (MMC), SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, IBM Microdrive, & Compact Flash (CF).
- Instantly plays MP3 music with the integrated speakers.
- Instantly plays MPEG-I files stored on supported memory cards.
- Instantly plays MPEG-II files stored on Compact Flash Card (CF).
- Supports up to 12 Mega Pixel image files
- Bright 5.6″ TFT active matrix LCD screen
- Automatic slide show with multiple transition effects and display times
- Plays slide show with MP3 music in the background
- User-friendly on-screen display lets you access all controls easily
It’s a bit pricey costing nearly 200 US, but worth it IMO, available, as stated at least 3 times in the post, from ThinkGeek.com