Griffin has just announced their latest musical innovation known as the StompBox – as this device is a programmable multi-functional foot controller which enables virtual guitar effects. Just what is the StompBox capable of? For starters, it was specially designed to function with just about any 0.25″ jack including the guitar, bass guitar, electric violin and keyboard. Not only that, StompBox will play nice (pun not intended) with Frontier Designs iShred LIVE app. When you combine the StompBox and iShred LIVE, you won’t get Captain Planet, but rather, musicians with this unique combo will be able to switch effects with their feet – hence freeing up their hands to make ever more music using other instruments. To know more about the StompBox, why not read on and find out? The StompBox will come packaged with the Griffin GuitarConnect cable, making sure you are able to connect to instruments, headphones and an iOS device – simultaneously, of course. With the iShred LIVE app, individual foot switches are tasked to control different effects within the app, transforming your device into a stage-worthy effects rig. Among the features and functions of the StompBox are :-
- 4 button foot controller brings professional quality foot-switch functionality to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Assignable foot-activated switches easily assign StompBoxs switches for instrumental performance or for presentations
- 1/4-inch jack accommodates variable input pedals like volume or wah-wah
- 1 meter heavy-duty dock connector cable easily link StompBox to iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- GuitarConnect cable three-connector cable for simultaneous connection to iOS device, instrument, and headphones, PA or amp
- StompBox is not just for musicians. Its programmable controls also work with Qscript, Griffins teleprompter app for iPad.
- Using StompBox with Qscript you can control text scrolling and other presentation functions with one foot.