Alienware unveils M18x gaming machine
Dell, when they bought over the Alienware brand some years back, had many people wondering whether this is going to be the start of the brand going downhill since Dell doesn’t really know much about dedicated gaming notebooks as their lineup had been more of the casual user types. Well, we’re rather pleased to say that Dell has done a pretty good job thus far, leaving Alienware intact in terms of branding without really interfering on what’s going on, so most users would not really be able to tell the difference in the newer Alienware offerings.
Well, Alienware is proud to attempt to redefine mobile gaming yet again with the M18x gaming notebook, and is proud to announce that said machine is the “most powerful 18-inch gaming laptop in the universe”. We’ll see about that in the extended post as we pore over its specifications, so make sure you’ve got a tub of chips ready just in case there is more than a pinch of salt in that claim that you might want to season those chips with.
The M18x is touted to deliver dual-graphics technology, making it the industry’s only Intel Core i7 Extreme CPU option that has been factory overclocked to 4GHz. With optional wireless HD audio and video that delivers latency-free streaming to larger displays, you will also find that HDMI 1.4 connectivity will be able to send over 3D images and video – over to 3D-capable HDTVs, of course.
Apart from that, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports ensure you will be able to enjoy up to 10x the speed of USB 2.0 connections, making data transfer a snap even for super large files. Some of the features and specifications of the M18x include :-
- An 18.4-inch FHD WLED 1080p display for the best visuals possible
- Powerful Dual GPU options with the fastest graphics memory (GDDR5) on all graphics options
- Both AMD and NVIDIA graphics options, in Crossfire X and SLI, respectively
- New Intel “Huron River” Architecture with a new factory overclocked Intel Core i7 Extreme Quad Core processor up to 4GHz
- Upgradeable to up to 32GB 1333MHz memory
- HDMI/Display Port output & HDMI-in
- Wireless HD & 3D output options, delivering low-latency high-def content wirelessly or output to 3D displays