Antec soundscience rockus 3D 2.1 speaker system is ready to rock and roll
Antec has just announced the availability of its soundscience rockus 3D 2.1 speaker system, where it was specially designed to deliver a personal theater experience to the masses. What can you expect from this puppy then? How about the power and realism of 3D sound coupled with the clarity and accuracy of high-fidelity audio? This would definitely jive with your latest stereoscopic 3D movies as well as games, since it will stay in step with whatever’s shown on the screen to have your ears agree.
Boasting soundscience’s 3D audio technology known as 3Dsst, this suite of DSP (digital sound processing) algorithms are more than capable of developing a virtual surround sound experience from just 2.1 stereo speakers. 3Dsst will actively analyze incoming stereo audio signals and intelligently place them into a 3D sound field, letting your 2.1 speakers deliver immersive 3D sound for your movies and games.
Apart from that, the soundscience rockus will also come with a dedicated music mode that has been optimized for organic stereo sound reproduction, letting users enjoy music with deep, visceral sub-bass, powerful, spacious mids and crisp highs. Since it is made out of anodized aluminum, that material reduces distortion caused by enclosure vibration and rattling that plagues old school PC speakers.
Apart from that, its subwoofer will utilize passive radiator technology so that one will be able to enjoy an expansive range of bass comparable to larger footprint subwoofers. Among the specifications include :-
- Anodized aluminum satellites that reduce vibration and minimize distortion, resulting in clear mid and sparkling high-range sound
- Total output of speakers is 150W, with each satellite delivering 25W and the subwoofer producing 100W, comparable to larger footprint subwoofers
- 3D-tuned drivers to deliver audio optimized for soundscience’s 3Dsst technology
- Dual-mode operation: 3D mode for enveloping games and movies, and music mode for faithful stereo music playback
- Optical input for playback of digital audio from game consoles (Xbox 360, PS3,) and other, similarly equipped devices
- Remote control pod for volume adjustment, 3D/music mode selection, muting and digital/analog input selection
- Frequency response is 10Hz to 20kHz
Expect the soundscience rockus 3D 2.1 speaker system to retail for $249.99.