Hercules DJ 4Set announced
Budding DJs as well as those who are waiting to be the next big talent in the underground and dance scenes, listen up! Hercules took the opportunity at the recently concluded CES to announce the Hercules DJ 4Set, where it is touted to merge both the functions and feel of a pro controller with the simplicity users require when it comes to throwing a memorable party – or rather, parties all year long if you’re one groovy animal. Basically, this is being trumpeted as a must-have solution for mixing fans who are dreaming of setting the dance floor on fire with their mixes, all this without spending solitary time on top of a quiet mountain just to know their new gear intimately, alongside all that it is capable of.
Apart from that, the DJ 4Set will come in a slim and compact design that measures 13.7″ x 9.8″, while being more than large enough for comfortable mixing, sporting tons of space between the controls. Non-slip feet have also been thrown into the mix, allowing it to stand tough despite undergoing even the most intense mixing sessions. Rolling in both simplicity and advanced features within a single device, this is one easy to use controller which practically begs for a performance from budding and experienced DJs alike.
Some of the features available on the Hercules DJ 4Set include :-
- The 2 large touch-sensitive jog wheels, measuring 12cm in diameter – the same size as scratching jog wheels on DJ CD players – feature touch sensors on their top surface which detect the weight of the DJ’s hand and enable “Touch Wheel” mode, allowing the user to stop/restart playback, or engage in some serious scratching
- The highly distinctive “ring” on the base of the jog wheels – the signature of the new Hercules mixing solutions – features a super-ergonomic design, providing users with intuitive and simple pitch control
- Green or red backlighting on its jog wheels and buttons make the controls easier to locate and providing enhanced usability
- 4 channels (including 2 for the mix, and 1 stereo headphone output for previewing tracks), plus a microphone input with a talk-over function, allow the DJ to pump things up on the dance floor
- 4 Virtual decks for users to mix on, thanks to the very practical deck indicators on the console’s mixing surface (A, B, C, D) including, for example, two music tracks on 2 decks, a loop, an effect or a voice on the 2 others
- 60 controls in 2-deck mode and 112 controls in 4-deck mode
- The layout of controls has been optimized to make using the console quick and easy to learn.
- MIDI-based controls are independent of one another, for even greater ease of use
- Bundled with VirtualDJ® LE DJC Edition (supporting 4-deck mixing)
- Compatibility with all 2 and 4-deck MIDI mixing software
Expect the DJ 4 Set to retail for $249.99 a pop as it hits the market this coming April.