Pioneer offers entry level DJ system in pearl white
Pioneer knows that the color black in consumer electronics has prevailed for quite some time already. Don’t believe us? Skip all the iDevice stuff, and don’t tell me that black isn’t the color of most consumer electronics devices. Pioneer decides to go against the grain with their latest entry-level DJ system which comprises of two CDJ-350-W digital media players and a DJM-350-W 2-channel mixer, where all of them will sport a pearl white color. Since music remixing is on the rise even among everyday Joes, Pioneer intends to capitalize on what could be a potentially growing market with the new DJ system, adding a fashion statement to DJ performances as well as delivering a couple of additional audio effects – Noise and Short Echo.
First of all, the CDJ-350-W will enable users to create DJ performances with various digital music files, where among them include MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF files which are stored on various forms of media, inclusive of USB mass storage device class products and CD-R/RW discs. The media player will also ship with Pioneer’s proprietary music management software, rekordbox, where it will go around analyzing and categorizing music by genre. This alone cuts down the amount of work you have to do, making it possible to easily manage music files on a computer for quick song selection. If you decide to hook up a USB storage device that is loaded with playlists created with the software, you can then choose songs by a range of categories including genre, album name and artist name among others. All music sessions can also be saved to a USB storage device – now how about that? Other player highlights include :-
- BEAT Display Function – Visually illustrates the beat position of a song and the playback point providing easier hand-eye coordination when performing scratches and loops.
- Auto Beat Loop Function – With one press of a button on the player, the user can create various loop performances.
- Beat Loop – Matches the beat and repeats a 4-beat loop.
- Loop Divide – While playing a loop, plays the loop at a different rhythm.
- Hot Loop – While playing a loop, returns to the start of the loop and plays it
- Auto BPM Lock – Users can set a Master Beat Per Minute (BPM) of the current song playing that can be synchronized with a touch of a button. The feature enables beginners to easily match the tempos of songs by simply adjusting the speed to the Master BPM on each player.
- Create Playlist Function – While a song is playing, users can immediately add it to a new playlist with a touch of a button for future playback of favorite songs.
- DJ Software Compatible – The CDJ-350-W is MIDI-compatible with other DJ software allowing it to be used as an audio interface.
As for the hardware, it is vibration resistant thanks to the use of Shock-Proof Memory and Floating Architecture. There are also four level tempo settings for maximum variation range of a song’s tempo (±6%, ±10%, ±16% and WIDE), while a resume function allows you to remove a disc and resume playback at the same spot when the disc is reloaded.
Pioneer has slapped this pearl white DJ system that will be released next January, packaged with two CDJ-350-W players and one DJM-350-W mixer for $2,445.