Epson has two more projectors for the market
Epson seems to do really well in the projector market, churning out new models time and again, making them the number-one selling projector brand worldwide. Well, they certainly aren’t going to rest on their laurels, having announced a couple of affordable, feature-packed and easy to use projectors which will target both small and medium-sized businesses. We will look at the Epson PowerLite 1220 and the PowerLite 1260, where the former will cost $649 while the latter is a Benjamin more expensive. The PowerLite 1220 will feature XGA resolution, while the PowerLite 1260 has a higher resolution at widescreen WXGA, boasting 16:10 aspect ratio in order to fully utilize the capabilities of a widescreen notebook. Both models will sport 2600 lumens color and white light output that ought to make them suitable for bright presentations and true-to-life color. We will look at both models in greater detail after the jump.
First off, the Epson PowerLite 1200 series will deliver features which are found in higher end models most of the time, and we’re talking about the presence of USB Plug ‘n Play Instant Setup which can instant projects images and presentations from a PC or Mac machine using nothing but your humble USB connection. This works great when traveling from place to place doing presentations, since you no longer need to deal with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys. Apart from that, both models will also sport another USB port for direct connection of a USB memory device, giving even those with no netbooks or notebooks to present a slideshow. As for the more expensive PowerLite 1260, it is equipped with an HDMI audio/video connection for delivery of high-definition video content for powerful entertainment possibilities.
Among their other features include :-
- Positioning Flexibility: Automatic keystone correction and 1.2x optical zoom for easy setup
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch
- Instant On/Off enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds
- A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy, and helping to save costs
- Easy Portability: Sleek, compact design and included carrying case offers easy portability and protection
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; the 3LCD light engine
efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours(4) in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time