Kodak announces new PLAYTOUCH Video Camera
Kodak isn’t just all about photo prints, you know, as the company also has its own range of digital imaging hardware. The latest among the entire bunch would be the PLAYTOUCH video camera, where it will attempt to keep up with the times by featuring a 3-inch capacitive touchscreen display that allows you to go through your entire collection of high definition videos using nothing but the swipe of a fingertip. Thanks to new on-camera editing as well as Kodak’s exclusive Share Button, it will make the PLAYTOUCH Video Camera all the easier for consumers to share their favorite moments with friends and family – in full 1080p HD, no less.
Coming in a rather unique design, the Kodak PLAYTOUCH Video Camera is not short on features to help even the budding videographer to capture their memories with clarity and precision. Among the features thrown into the mix to make life a whole lot easier (and more fun) would be built-in image stabilization, a LCD glare shield and an external microphone jack. If you want to share your videos with family and friends, the process is made a whole lot easier thanks to its built-in USB connector as well as Kodak’s Share Button which allows you to tag videos and pictures on the camera itself for direct, automatic upload to popular social networking sites the moment the camera is hooked up to an Internet-connected computer.
For the list of features and capabilities of the Kodak PLAYTOUCH, here they are below.
- Share Button for easy video upload to YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK sites, and email
- 3-inch capacitive touchscreen LCD optimized for reviewing in landscape mode for the ultimate 1080p HD video sharing experience
- On-camera editing features to trim and extract still pictures from video
- 5 MP HD still pictures
- Sharper videos and less blur with built-in digital image stabilization
- Built-in USB arm for easy sharing, charging, and transferring
- Smart face tracking technology
- LCD glare shield feature
- External stereo microphone jack to add high-quality sound to videos or to plug in headphones for discreet playback
- 4 capture effects, including B&W, sepia, high saturation, and ’70s film look
- HDMI output (HDMI cable included)
- Up to 10 hours of HD video with expandable SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32 GB)
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery with in-camera charging
- PC and MAC iLIFE product compatibility
You will be able to choose from Smoke Gaze (Black), Chrome, Wine Country (Magenta), Cabana (Orange) and Spa Blue (Teal) colors as it hits the US market this fall for $229.95.