Razer updates its Lachesis gaming mouse
Back in the first half of 2008, we took the Razer Lachesis gaming mouse out for a spin and came away impressed. It did take some getting used to at the beginning if you’ve never used any of the higher end gaming mice from different manufacturers, and Razer’s form factor had always been different, where it claims to deliver the most optimal hand position. Well, just like car models that need some updates from time to time, Razer does so with its Lachesis gaming mouse this time round, offering an updated model. You will be rather surprised that when unplugged, the revamped Lachesis will resemble the original, as most of the improvements are located underneath the hood, so to speak. We’ll check out just what is so different about it after the jump.
First of all, the new Razer Lachesis comes with a new 5600dpi Razer Precision 3.5G laser sensor – that is a large performance jump over its predecessor that had just 400dpi. Apart from that, you will also find a customizable multi-color LED lighting system grace this gaming peripheral, all the while maintaining its original form, comfort and price, without sacrificing on power, performance and precision. You will be able to dazzle your opponents thanks to a choice of customizing the LED lights on the mouse from a range of 16 million colors. Apart from that, these colors can be customized individually, making sure each of the illuminated areas can glow a different color for added pomp.
Other hardware features are listed as below, and you should be able to find the Razer Lachesis hit your local gaming store sometime in the third quarter of the year, although folks who want to place an order from the official site can do so from this month onwards. US-based gamers can pick this up for $79.99, while our friends living across the pond can do so for €69.99.
- 5600dpi Razer Precision™ 3.5G laser sensor
- Adjustable Multi-Color LED(Up to 16 million colors)
- Variable true dpi setting adjustments in increments of 125dpi
- 60KB Razer Synapse™ onboard memory
- Nine independently programmable Hyperesponse™ buttons
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time
- Tracking up to 200 inches per second
- Seven-foot, lightweight, non-tangle cord
- Approximate size: 129mm (length) x 71mm (width) x 40mm (height)/ 128 gram
- Scroll wheel with 24 individual click positions
- Zero-acoustic Ultraslick™ Teflon feet
- Gold-plated USB connector
- On-The-Fly Sensitivity™ adjustment