Sony ready to roll out new VAIO P Series
Folks who are looking for a cute little portable computing device without cost being a factor might want to look at the new and improved Sony VAIO P Series. The original which was unveiled to the masses at CES a year ago comes across as a wondrous portable computing device, where it packs enough power to get basic work done on the go while maintaining a form factor that allows you to stash it in your back jeans pocket without missing a beat. Well, the VAIO P is now new and improved, and you will also be able to enjoy an array of built-in one-touch buttons which allows you to instantly access the web, adjust screen resolution and even tune-up your PC from the get go. A trackpad has been built directly into the LCD bezel for a novel way of interaction, while a mobile nav grip have also been added to make life easier than ever, letting you access content on-the-go. Sony also knows that you want to look good while using gizmos, which is why they introduced it in five vibrant new colors – electric orange, neon green, hot pink, icy white and classic black. Let’s check out its specifications and features further after the jump.
Measuring roughly the size of a business envelope and somewhat as thin as a cellphone, the VAIO P Series tips the scales at a mere 1.4 pounds, where despite its diminutive size, it will integrate full PC features and capabilities, letting you edit documents, watch online videos, and organize photos all with an ultraportable design. Of course, battery life in such a small device will not be conducive for you to work for long hours on end without a power plug nearby. Still, let it not discourage you from picking one up since you get interesting features such as these :-
- The new PC features one-touch buttons providing convenient shortcuts with just a click.
- Press the WEB button, and this Instant mode option launches directly into your browser. You can even press it when the PC is turned off and it will launch you into your web browser without a full boot through the Windows® operating system.
- The ASSIST button launches Sony’s own VAIO Care software, an easy-to-use program that lets you tune-up, maintain, update and troubleshoot the PC.
- A resolution button lets you increase or decrease screen resolution for optimal viewing.
- The P Series also boasts a unique mobile nav grip to surf the web without a mouse or keyboard. A trackpad and left- and right-click buttons are built right into the LCD bezel, providing a creative solution to navigate the web and a new way to interact with a PC.
- It features a high-resolution, 1600 x 768, LED backlit 8-inch ultra-wide display (diagonal), making it easy to view everything from entire spreadsheets to full web pages. Plus, for a more convenient way to read long web pages without all the scrolling, turn the P Series on its side to change the viewing orientation from landscape mode to portrait mode. A new array of stylish carrying cases and wireless mice are now available.
- GPS and Digital Compass
- Accelerometer sensor
- Built-in Everywair 3G
- Clear, bright, widescreen VAIO Display Plus
- Easy to use with Quick Web Access
Expect to pick this puppy up from June 2010 onwards.