Vodafone UK customers able to get their hands on the Nexus One
Looks like the superphone known as the Google Nexus One is finally made available legally for folks in the UK, as long as they decide to tie themselves down to a contract for the next couple of years with Vodafone. This makes Vodafone UK the first European mobile operator to release the Google Nexus One, and folks who place a pre-order online will be the first to get a legit Nexus One on the continent for free, albeit having to agree to a £35 monthly price plan for 24 months from tomorrow onwards. Apart from being online, you can also check out the Nexus One at Vodafone stores and telesales, with the added advantage of having Vodafone provide direct support to customers with the superphone when you require such assistance.
It is also nice to know that Vodafone UK has made the Nexus One to be inclusive for many people, since it will come in a range of great value Vodafone price plans, where you can also choose from either 18 month or 24 month contracts. Depending on your budget, you will have to fork out anywhere from £25 a month on a 24 month contract to more for a shorter time period. Apart from that, Vodafone UK customers with the Nexus One will also receive 1GB of data usage on their price plan while enjoying unlimited access to Wi-Fi in the home and free, publicly available services throughout the country. If you feel that 1GB isn’t enough, there is always the option for an additional 1GB of data at premium BT Openzone hotspots throughout the UK.
Just to refresh your memory, some of the features that are available on the Google Nexus One would include the following :-
- Display: 3.7″ AMOLED 480×800 WVGA display
- Thinness: 11.5mm; Weight: 130g
- Processor/Speed: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 3G QSD8250 chipset, delivering speeds up to 1GHz
- Camera: 5 megapixel auto focus with flash and geo tagging
- Onboard memory: 512MB Flash, 512MB RAM
- Expandable memory: 4GB removable SD Card (expandable to 32GB)
- Noise Suppression: Dynamic noise suppression from Audience, Inc.
- Ports: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack with four contacts for inline voice and remote control
- Battery: Removable 1400 mAh
- Personalized laser engraving: Up to 50 characters on the back of the phone
- Trackball: Tri-colour notification LED, alerts when new emails, chats, text messages arrive