Maxatec Xplore DT-351 Compact PDA With Integrated CCD Barcode Scanner
How many of us these days use a PDA? Well, smartphones have long taken over that role, but there is still some room left for this dying breed in the business sector. Case in point, the Maxatec Xplore DT-351 Compact PDA With Integrated CCD Barcode Scanner. This device will be the latest addition to Maxatec’s range of mobile computing devices, where it will be the next logical step up from its predecessor, the fully featured DT-350 compact PDA. Maxatec’s DT-351 sports all the relevant features of the DT-350 with the added capability of an integrated CCD barcode scanner. This will cater to businesses who want something special and yet do not want to break their budget, since the Xplore series is a unique and low cost, wireless mobile solution boasting enhanced Wi-Fi stability alongside features such as single SSID enforcement and ‘Wi-Fi Always On’ connectivity.
All devices from the Xplore range will be equipped with a built-in system back-up feature that will allow enterprises to clone and install PDA images for mass deployment, helping organizations save costs in the long run as well as time. Of course, this would mean system administrators would have a whole lot less headache when it comes to making sure the rest of the employees have their Maxatec Xplore DT-351 up and running just fine within a short period of time. Users will be able to choose from two modes of operation – Administration and User modes. Meant to see action in the corporate sector, you will realize quickly that this model is spartan when it comes to entertainment – basically, it won’t be able to handle music, video and games. At least the vibration alert, configurable LED signalling and configurable short-cut key will enable enterprises to develop unique applications to meet specific business needs.
There is no word on pricing as at press time, but here are the specifications of the Xplore DT-351 :-
- 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi with built in Windows CE 5.0 OS (professional edition)
- Administration and user modes to avoid end user application problems
- Enhanced power management delivering exceptionally long operation time
- Single SSID enforcement to eliminate connections to wrong AP
- Integrated CCD barcode scanner
- Seamless Wi-Fi roaming across AP’s, typically less than 1 second
- Configurable roaming trigger to adjust roaming response for different networks
- Built-in clone and backup utility for easy field deployment
- SDK available for rapid industrial application development
- Handwriting recognition (English and Chinese)
- 6-in-1 battery chargers for industrial applications