TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition
TomTom needs no introduction when it comes to GPS navigation devices, and they have just introduced yet another model for the masses – this time round it will be the TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition that will see action in vehicles of those who pick one up. This is a special edition of the TomTom XXL family of products, where drivers are able to enjoy the entire gamut of TomTom’s premium technologies, ranging from optimal routing to having the latest maps of the U.S., Canada and Europe, all enjoyed over the more generous 5″ display, making it perfect for those with failing vision to not miss a turn (well, there is always voice guidance with such devices these days anyways to further help you out).
TomTom’s XXL products in the past have been traditionall well received by consumers due to their large and clear displays. As for the TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition, it will target globetrotters who love nothing less than a wide screen display, packed into a sleek design with the added peace of mind that whatever routes churned out are always the most efficient regardless of their destination. Boasting TomTom’s proprietary IQ Routes Technology, the TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition allows one to take the smartest and most efficient routes always, regardless of what your destination is, helping you save money, time and fuel in the process.
Among the other new features found on the new TomTom XXL devices include :-
- Full maps of the U.S., Canada and Europe
- TomTom Map Share technology, so users can instantly modify street names, street direction, points of interest and more on their device, as well as benefit from corrections made by others
- TomTom “Help Me!” menu, so users can easily access local emergency service providers such as police, fire stations and hospitals
- Award-winning Fold and Go EasyPort mount, folds flat against the device, making it easy for users to transport
TomTom HOME, the free desktop application to keep users’ devices up-to-date at all times
- Increased memory with 4GB of storage
- Advanced Lane Guidance for realistic representations of complex highway junctions and lane-specific visual directions that take the stress out of navigating these otherwise challenging areas
- Seven million points of interest, so users have access to information and location details of more restaurants, hotels, gas stations, etc. than ever before
- High-quality black finish, for a sleek look
Expect to see the new TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition hit retail stores in North America sometime early next month for $349.95 USD or $399.95 CAD.