Three-Tuner Moxi HD DVR coming this holiday season
ARRIS has just announced their latest three-tuner version of the Moxi HD DVR that ought to arrive in time for the upcoming holiday season. With the world economy still in the doldrums despite positive news trickling from here and there, surely the coming Christmas season won’t see a mad rush? Or will people stick to tradition and just let their hair down in the coming month, worrying more about whether they have gifts for everyone in mind instead of learning to stretch that ever-depreciating dollar. Well, good news for those who want a HD DVR as the three-tuner Moxi HD DVR is raring to make its debut.
What is the new three-tuner Moxi HD DVR capable of doing anyways, you ask? For starters, it allows for recording of three channels simultaneously – all of these happening while you’re watching a fourth recorded program. You can pick it up in a Moxi HD DVR plus Moxi Mate bundle for $799. As for those who are on a tighter budget and want the two-tuner Moxi HD DVR that was introduced earlier this year instead, you’ll be pleased to know that the former $799 price point has dropped to just $499. Apart from that, you can also opt for the three-room multi-room bundle option that sees a three-tuner Moxi HD DVR and two Moxi Mates that can serve three rooms for a dollar under one grand.
Some of the key specifications and features available on the Moxi HD DVR include :-
- A native HD interface and Emmy award-winning Moxi Menu
- Up to 75 hours of HD recording space or up to 300 hours at standard definition, and expandable to 6.5 Terabytes for up to 1000 hours of HD recording with an external eSATA drive
- Access to many Internet services consumers already use, such as Rhapsody, Flickr and online video from Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube via DLNA server software such as PlayOn (currently provided at no charge) running on their PC
- Multi-room viewing with the Moxi Mate and the ability to record three channels simultaneously while watching a fourth recorded program on the three-tuner version of the Moxi HD DVR
- Remote and mobile browser scheduling to set recordings while away from home
- MoxiNet for full-screen web browsing and Superticker – a ticker widget that provides information, such as weather, sports scores and news along the bottom of the screen