Sanyo unveils new line of HD surveillance cameras
Sanyo will be bringing in a total of nine new surveillance cameras Stateside, and what makes them special is the fact that they are able to record proceedings in High Definition format – which is a logical step in the right direction, considering the rising crime rate these days and the use of video surveillance to help solve those cases by identifying faces, words as well as providing detail not seen with the human eye long after the event has happened. These nine new HD surveillance cameras are able to offer up to 4MP MJPEG and Full High Definition video for critical security monitoring, making them the first of such a lineup in the world with multi-streaming H.264 and MJPEG codecs. They will come in a quartet of form factors including Box, Dome, Zoom and PTZ.
Inside these cameras, you will find twin engine incorporating new “Xacti HD-Pro” and “Optimum IP-Pro” technologies that provide for more power and a smoother operating environment. All models will also boast advanced H.264 video compression for Full HD (1,920 x 1,080) video recording or a whopping 2,288 x 1,712 MJPEG resolution. Apart from that, Sanyo will also throw in high quality video technology that has already seen action in its consumer-use “Dual Camera” Xacti lineup, albeit with improvements and upgrades that resulted in an enhanced image quality processing engine.
Features will include the following :-
- High resolution 4MP images, Full HD video
- Capable of using H.264/MJPEG dual codecs simultaneous output, a max of 30fps
- Focus Assist Drive for easy focus adjustment
- Cropping & Digital PTZ
- Video analytics
- SD card slot and USB support
- Full duplex audio, with an Interactive Voice Function
- PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Auto IP setup utility for easy IP address management
- 3D-DNR function reduces noise level
- Flexible system configuration
- Alarm i/o ports
- Privacy masking
- Intelligent motion detection
- Face detection automatically tunes images
Needless to say, pricing details differ from one model to another.