Epson announces 1080p front projectors
Epson has just announced a couple of 1080p front projectors for the masses in North America, where they are the PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 and 8500 UB to further expand its 3LCD home theater projector family. Both models will come with D7 technology for brilliant color and detail, alongside a higher contrast ratio count with the Home Cinema 8100 reaches a 36,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio while the Home Cinema 8500 UB manages to achieve an unprecedented 200,000:1 figure. Both the Home Cinema 8100 and 8500 UB will also boast the latest technologies in real color reproduction capabilities which ought to keep home entertainment and AV enthusiasts more than satisfied.
The lesser Home Cinema 8100 does not mean it is inferior by any means – as mentioned earlier, it comes with an improved contrast ratio of up to 36,000:1, making it double the amount of its predecessor while hitting 1,800 lumens color and white light output in terms of brightness to provide an outstanding image quality regardless of whether it is used in dark or lighted rooms. The Home Cinema 8100’s Dynamic Iris system also helps to a dramatic contrast improvement, letting light be controlled on a frame-by-frame basis at up to 60 times per second.
As for the high end Epson Home Cinema 8500 UB, it will be powered by the latest D7 chip set and will see Epson’s C2Fine and UltraBlack technology in action, offering superb black levels and vivid images. Other features include 1,600 lumens color and light output brightness alongside new dual-layered auto iris technology that paves the way for an impressive contrast ratio of up to 200,000:1.
Shared features between the two include :-
- Cinema Filter: Delivers larger color space for improved color fidelity
- Fujinon OptiCinema Multi-Lens Optics System: Projects clean, precise edges with consistent image quality across the entire screen, expanding installation flexibility
- Pre-set Color Modes: Features seven color modes (Dynamic, Living Room, Natural, Theatre, Theatre Black 1, Theatre Black 2, x.v.Color) for optimal viewing in any environment
- E-TORL (Epson Twin Optics Reflection Lamp): Provides optimum light uniformity and increased light output for screen sizes larger than ten feet with exclusive 200 watt high efficiency design; uses less energy for up to 4,000 hours of lamp life
- Advanced Dust Filtration System: Ensures efficient power use, reduced cool-down periods, lower fan speeds, quieter operation (only 22 db), and 98 percent efficiency for longer filter life
- Input Options: Features two HDMI 1.3a inputs with Deep Color support, high definition component video input, S-video input, composite video input, and VGA-type RGB input (D-sub 15)