AIS rugged tablet PC for medical environment
American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS for short) has recently introduced a couple of medically certified 8.4” and 10.4” Rugged Tablet PCs that will target the medical industry. Being that small in size, you are spot on if you thought that the famous Intel Atom processor found in netbooks will be the heart and engine of these rugged tablet PCs – they will utilize the latest N270 Intel Atom Processor that offers high reliability operation in an ultra low power environment. On the outside, you will be pleased to note that the tablet PC sports an elegant, practical design that boasts an aluminum-magnesium alloy construction with individually sealed ports for complete IP54 compliance waterproof and dustproof protection. In addition, these two tablet PCs have already made it past the UL60601-1 Medical Equipment Certifications that make them approved where electronic compatibility and reliability in the medical field are concerned. Not only that, AIS has made sure they are tough as nuts by virtue of its engineering that complies with Military 810F shock, vibration, and drop standards. Never knew the hospital environment would be that tought, but hey, you can never tell when your tablet PC might drop to the ground when a patient starts to trash around in bed, right?
Features of the AIS tablet PC include :-
- UL 60601-1 Medical Equipment Certified
- 8.4” & 10.4” Industrial TFT-LCD Panels
- High Performance, Low Power Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz with Intel 945 GSE Chipset + ICH7
- 1 x SODIMM, Max 2GB DDR2 400/533
- Rugged Alu-Mg Alloy Housing Design with Protective Rubber for MIL-810F Shock, Vibration, and Drop Std.
- Versatile Mobile Communication Functions including WWAN (GPRS/GSM/CDMA/UMTS/EDGE) and GSP Module
- Wireless 801.1 b/g and Bluetooth Module
- Ergonomic Portable Design with Handstrap and Carry Belt Accessories (optional)
- 6 Cell, 4800 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
- IP54 Dust and Waterproof Rating
They will be powered by Windows XP, although we’ve no idea how much it’ll cost.