AccuVein AV300 helps nurses out in a difficult spot
How many of you dread the puncture of a needle when it is inserted under your skin? Well, the thought of it used to give me the creepy crawlies until I realized that things weren’t so bad after all as a kid since the good doctor always has a handy supply of lollipops at hand to help soothe my fears just before he inflicts unimaginable pain on me. For those who have grown up and are still averse to needles, this could be due to the fact that inexperienced nurses/hospital staff who have failed to grasp the finer points of finding a vein in the right spot before injection could end up doing more harm than good to the patient. Ever tried donating blood only to have your arm poked a few times before the right vein is picked out? Well, with the AccuVein AV300, all those horrors and nightmares can be a thing of the past.
AccuVein’s AV300 aims to go up against its competitor, the hugely popular VeinViewer from Luminetx. Both models will rely on a similar system, using infrared imaging to see hemoglobin below the skin. The AV300 was specially developed to be highly mobile and battery operated, allowing it to be used even in rural areas (works perfectly with a solar-powered charger and rechargeable batteries we guess, especially if you’re a doctor somewhere in the mountains with no 7-11 nearby to purchase batteries), the AccuVein AV300 is extremely adept at spotting difficult to find IV sites for needle placement.
Some of the features of the AccuVein AV300 include :-
- Easy to learn and use – No pre-use calibration or adjustments are necessary- it can be used immediately.
- Small size –The AV300 fits in your hand and weighs only 10 ounces.
- Hands-free option –Either hand-hold the AV300 or set it in a hands-free accessory.
- No patient contact –Because the AV300 has been designed to be non-contact, it may not have to be sterilized after every use.
- Works in light or dark –Use the AV300 in light or darkly lit environments.
- Rechargeable battery –The AV300 doesn’t need to be plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Real world ruggedness – Designed to take the wear and tear of hospital and field applications.
- Movement tolerant –Because the AV300 shows the veins in real time, when operated properly, the device can accommodate patient movement.