NVIDIA to stay ahead of professional graphics game
NVIDIA is the name that most people think of when it comes to computer graphics, be it on the desktop or a notebook. After all, their rise to the top of the heap have been nothing short of phenomenal, and it was during their constant fight with ATi many years ago that kept the game interesting for bystanders to watch. Unfortunately for the latter, they somehow bungled up along the way, and it was defensive play all the way even until now where ATi plays catch up with NVIDIA in many ways. Still, it is nice to see ATi keep NVIDIA on their toes so that we consumers get the best from companies at all times. Today, NVIDIA has just introduced its most powerful and advanced top-to-bottom line of Quadro professional GPU solutions ever, which we’ll look at in greater detail right after the jump.
According to Dan Vivoli, executive vice president of marketing at NVIDIA, “Our mission with Quadro is to help customers solve the world’s most challenging visual computing problems. We learn every day from them and are humbled by their brilliance. The new lineup, with the flagship Quadro FX 5800, sets the stage for the next ten years of innovation.”
Prices start from less than $100 (!) upwards to standalone visual computing systems, and among the video cards in this new series include the following :-
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800 – the industry’s first and only 4GB, ultra high-end solution delivers the highest visualization performance and capabilities, enabling professionals to work with large-scale models and datasets.
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 – ultra high-end solution provides professionals with the most complete toolset to dramatically push the boundaries of realism, performance, and quality.
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800 – single slot solution with a robust feature set and added capabilities such as SLI Multi-OS and SDI support to enable a no-compromise, high-performance, interactive visualization experience.
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 – mid-range solution offers the best price performance for workstation graphics and provides the optimal blend of quality, precision, performance, and programmability.
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 580 – best-in-class entry-level solution boosts productivity for a variety of industry-leading volume CAD and digital content applications.
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 380 – an affordable professional-class graphics solution extends energy efficiency while delivering 50-percent faster performance.
- The Quadro NVS 295 – capable of supporting up to two 30-inch digital displays at maximum resolutions, taking business graphics to a new level visual perfection.
These new Quadro solutions will be available via system manufacturers such as Dell, Fujistu-Siemens, HP and Lenovo, leading workstation system integrators and NVIDIA channel partners.