Kingston 32GB Elite Pro SDHC memory card
Kingston, famous for their flash memory devices, is back with a bang thanks to their new 32GB Elite Pro SDHC flash memory card that will definitely find a place in most digital video camcorders and cameras (particularly the DSLR range). Of course, you can also use a SDHC adapter that stores anywhere from four to six of these puppies that functions as an impromptu SSD for your notebook, but that’s another story for a different day. This new 32GB SDHC card is now king of the hill where Kingston’s Elite Pro line of cards are concerned, replacing the 16GB model as top dog in the hierarchy.
Kingston’s 32GB memory card is perfect for the increasing number of high-resolution recording devices in the market, as the card can store literally thousands of photos and hours of high definition video. For example, the new 32GB Elite Pro SDHC card can capture more than 6,000 still images (with a 10MP camera) and over eight hours of video (for 6Mbps HD Extended recording).
Some of the features and specifications are as follows :-
- Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification version 2.00
- Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
- Compatible: with SDHC host devices; not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers
- File Format: FAT 32
- Reliable: lifetime warranty
- Simple: as easy as plug-and-play
- Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- Dimensions: 0.94. x 1.25. x 0.08. (24mm x 32 mm x 2.1mm)
- Speed Class 4: 4MB/sec. guaranteed minimum data transfer rate
- Operating Temperature: -13 degrees F to 185 degrees F (-25 degrees C to 85 degrees C)
- Storage Temperature: -40 degrees F to 185 degrees F (-40 degrees C to 85 degrees C)
- Voltage: 3.3V
You can pick up the 32GB SDHC card for $308, which is pretty pricey at the moment, but give it a year or so and watch that number tumble down like a deck of cards.