Kodak Zi6 pocket digital video camera
Kodak has just rolled out a new pocket digital video camera for the masses in the form of the Zi6, enabling one to shoot video wherever they are without feeling the strain of a really heavy camcorder. According to John Blake, General Manager Digital Capture and Devices, Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company, “Today’s connected consumers increasingly turn to video to express themselves and connect with others. The KODAK Zi6 Pocket Video Camera satisfies their thirst for an HD video camera that is simple to use and can go anywhere life takes them. With the launch of the Zi6 Pocket Video Camera, consumers now have a high-quality solution from the trusted brand in digital imaging.” More to come on the Zi6 after the jump.
The Zi6 is capable of shooting YouTube-ready videos, enabling you to upload them directly to the online video sharing service without having to go through lengthy conversion periods in the first place. Some of the other interesting features include :-
- Capture video in HD quality on this fun and super simple pocket video camera (720p at 60 fps with 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Upload your videos to YouTube quickly and easily using the built-in USB and software
- Record hours of video with the expandable SD/SDHC card slot that can hold up to 32 GB
- Experience your videos on HDTV in stunning HD quality with included cables
- Edit videos, add pictures and music, and share your creation anywhere with the included video software CD
- Go green with included pre-charged AA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries and battery charger
You will be able to pick up the Kodak Zi6 Pocket Video Camera later this September, and it will be accompanied by a relatively affordable price tag of $179.95. Some of the optional accessories available to enhance your video recording experience include 2GB and 4GB memory cards, Kodak tripods and Kodak camera bags for easy traveling.
Press Release and Product Page