Toshiba Portégé R500-S5007V laptop
Toshiba scores yet another first when it comes to claims with its new Portégé R500-S5007V laptop that features at 128GB solid state drive, making it the lightest laptop in the world with a 128GB SSD and DVD Super-Multi drive, and it is also in line to gain the moniker of “the world’s thinnest with a SSD and DVD SuperMulti drive” as well. 128GB of storage space in the form of SSD is definitely a wonder, as that allows you to store a whole lot of data without worrying too much about hard drive crashes although it remains to be seen whether transfer of large chunks of data at once will see the performance meter drop when compared to traditional hard drives. Still, read on after the jump for more details of the Portégé R500-S5007V.
The Toshiba Portégé R500-S5007V measures a mere 0.77″ in thickness, so you had better be careful not to toss this notebook out of your home as it remains sandwiched between a stack of old newspapers like somebody did with his MacBook Air.
Prices start from $2,999 upwards, and you can expect the following specifications to get your computing kicks and bragging rights in. Shame it doesn’t come with any dedicated graphics card as getting in a spot of gaming in between business trips would have been a welcome addition.
- Genuine Windows Vista Business (32-bit version)
- Downgrade media for Genuine Windows XP Professional
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor U7700 1.33GHz, 2MB L2, 533MHz FSB with 64 bit
- 2048 PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM
- 128GB Serial ATA solid state drive
- 12.1″ diagonal widescreen high brightness display with 1,280 x 800 (WXGA) resolution
- Transreflective backlit LED
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- 7mm, 8xDVD-SuperMulti (+/-R Single Layer) drive supporting 9 formats
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link 4965AGN
- Intel PRO/1000 – 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
- 3-Year Standard Limited Warranty