Sanyo debuts Xacti HD1010
Sanyo’s line of Xacti camcorders have always targeted the casual market, but it looks as though the Xacti HD1010 is taking on a more serious role this time around. This ultra compact camcorder takes the next step by bringing us to the world of high definition, boasting 1,920 x 1,080 (1080i) resolution along with a slew of other features that will definitely catch your fancy. It will be more expensive than regular camcorders, but you might find the price well worth the specifications and features found within. To know more about the Xacti HD1010 that will hit US shores later this July for $799.99, read on after the jump.
Among the features found on the Xacti HD1010 are :-
- Random Access: Each video is recorded as an individual MPEG-4 and each still as a JPEG so you can have true random access allowing you to review a specific image or video quickly and easily, without waiting for tape rewinding or fast forwarding.
- Super-fast Startup: With its tapeless design, the HD1010 eliminates the need to queue up a tape deck or get a DVD or hard drive spinning, allowing the camcorder to begin shooting in as little as two seconds! When the HD1010 is powered on, closing the LCD display puts the HD1010 in standby mode. Simply open the display and the camcorder automatically powers up and can begin recording virtually instantaneously.
- Equipped with ‘SIMPLE’ mode so even beginners can create high quality, beautiful high definition movies
- New 1920 x 1080, 30 fps mode allows further possibilities with Full HD and computers (when in Full-SHQ 30 fps/12 Mbps mode)
- Features 2.7 inch 230,000 pixel, widescreen TFT-LCD monitor, ideal for viewing HD footage
- Wind Roar and Red Eye Reduction
- Web Cam function (what an expensive web cam, eh?)
- Built-in, pop-up flash
- A variety of manual controls are available for versatile, advanced shooting. These include manual focus adjustment (16 settings); aperture adjustment (6 stops); exposure compensation (1.8 EV, 0.3 EV steps); shutter speed (13 settings); and image-quality adjustment (for sharpness and color saturation)
- Bundled with “Nero 8 Essentials for SANYO” for easy playback and editing
- Uses included, long-lasting 1900 mAh Lithium-ion battery (DB-L50)
- Compatible with a variety of optional accessories using cold shoe mount, such as external strobe, video light, microphone, etc.
- Optional adapter lenses available: telephoto, wide-angle and semi-fisheye
- Continuous Still Image Shooting function – 7 frames per second
- Able to take still pictures while in the middle of Full HD movie recording
- 9-image quick display function
- In-camera editing
- 48 kHz, 16-bit, 2-channel sound
- PictBridge compatible
- Headphone Jack
- SDHC memory card slot
- Face Chaser technology that tracks up to a dozen faces simultaneously during recording
Are you game in picking this one up yet?