Sanyo’s projectors are self-cleaning
Sanyo has introduced a couple of super-bright projectors to the masses – the PLC-XC55 and PLC-XC50. Both are extremely portable and small enough for mounting on the ceiling or placement on stationary desktops, making it perfect for personal use or even in classrooms. Each of these projectors also boast an extra security feature in the form of the durable Security Bar and a PIN number which is required in order to unlock the projector before it can be used. Sounds like the perfect candidates for the education sector where ease-of-use, portability and security are of the utmost importance. Interestingly enough, the PLC-XC55 and PLC-XC50 are equipped with Sanyo’s Active Maintenance Filter (AMF) that makes filter changing a snap.
The use of Sanyo’s AMF system will ultimately lower the cost of ownership by dramatically reducing filter maintenance costs by a factor of ten, while a transparent lens cap will help prevent the accumulation of dust on the lens as well as the ability to replace the lamp from the top cabinet, doing away with the need to remove the entire projector from permanent installations. As for the security bar mentioned above, it is able to accept security wires of up to 11mm in diameter while the required PIN number will definitely act as a deterrent since only the designated administrator will be able to operate the on-board bttons and logo-controlled settings.
- Lamp: 220W UHP
- Noise Rating: 27.5dBA (Eco mode), 34.0dBA (Normal mode)
- Audio: Built-in mono speaker with 7-watts of power Video Terminals: DVI-I, D-sub15, Component (w/ Optional Cable), Composite, S-Video (Mini Din 4), D-sub15 monitor out
- Audio: Stereo mini-jack input x2 (for computer input) and output (Variable), Analog stereo input for video input (RCAx2)
- Additional Inputs: RS232C control (D-sub9)
- Warranty: 3 years parts/labor, 90 days original lamp; Quick Repair Program
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 16.1″ x 3.3″x 10.3″ (excluding protrusions)
- Net Weight: 8.82 lbs.
The PLC-XC55 and PLC-XC50 will retail for $1,995.00 and $1,495.00, respectively when they’re available this July.