Talon Performance street legal quad
Forget those super exotics that you see spoilt rich brats drive up in front of the club with two birds in tow, while you and your group of friends curse your down and out luck at not having a bottomless bank account and having to rely on public transport to get around town. Enter the Talon Performance – this is a street legal quad that won’t cost you an arm and a leg, and yet is sleek enough to draw more stares from folks compared to a Ferrari. I suppose the number of stares received is for a very good reason – this is hardly seen around, and they’ll probably wonder what kind of eclectic character would drive a vehicle such as this, especially on a Saturday night. Check out the specifications after the jump.
- Engine KFX 700: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke V-twin, SOHC, four valves per cylinder with wet sump
- Displacement: 697cc
- Bore x Stroke: 82 x 66mm
- Carburetor: Dual Keihin CVKR-D32
- Starting: Electric
- Transmission: Kawasaki Automatic Constant Velocity Transmission with forward, reverse and neutral
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Frame Type: Double cradle, racing type, high tensile 1.25″ tubular steel
- Suspension: Front: Dual A-arms, coil-over shocks
- Rear: Linkless swingarm, billet aluminum gas-charged shock
- Tires: Dunlop 205 40 ZR17
- Brakes: Front: Dual discs with two-piston calipers
- Rear: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 107 inches
- Overall width: 59 inches
- Overall height: 43 inches
- Wheelbase: 63 inches
- Ground clearance: Center of chassis 6 inches
- Lighting: Dual L 35W /H 75W halogen headlights, LED tail light/brake light
- Dry weight: 765 lbs
- Fuel capacity: 3.2 gal. optional 7 gal.
Granted, this won’t be smoking any vehicle on the road anytime soon, and woe to you when you bring a hot date on the Talon Performance and the unforgiving skies decide to fool around with you and ruin a seemingly perfect evening.