Verizon Wireless makes Moto Q9c available
Verizon Wireless seems to be on a warpath here, having recently released the BlackBerry Curve 8330 earlier this week, only to follow up that move by announcing the availability of the Moto Q9c on its online store as well as all Verizon Wireless business sales channels from today (May 9) onwards. For those who have been lusting after this smartphone, you can pick it up from any Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, including those in Circuit City, within the coming weeks as shipments start to arrive. This smartphone targets business professionals and boasts some pretty powerful capabilities, including access to over 14 million points of interest thanks to Verizon Wireless’ very own popular VZ Navigator service. Other specifications can be found after the jump.
- Windows Mobile 6 Standard – access to POP3 or IMAP4 e-mail accounts
- Documents To Go – read, edit and create Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
- Full QWERTY keyboard with dedicated “hot keys” for shortcuts to popular applications
- 2.4″ color screen with innovative adaptive technology to adjust for optimized brightness for indoor and outdoor lighting to maximize battery power
- 1.3 megapixel camera with flash and fixed focus, plus video capture and playback
- 128 MB of on-board memory and optional removable memory future-proofed up to 32 GB (sold separately)
- Voice-activated dialing
- Smart contacts dialing
- Stereo Bluetooth wireless technology supporting both Bluetooth A2DP and AVRCP profiles
I must say that I am pretty disappointed with the 1.3 megapixel camera. Granted, this is not meant to be a performance handset of any sorts, and for a business phone to have a camera, it can be considered a bonus, but surely Motorola could do better than a mere 1.3 megapixels, right? Isn’t 2 the norm these days, not to mention 3.2 megapixels slowly but surely being the mainstay soon? If you’re interested in picking up the Moto Q9c, it will cost you $249.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and a new two-year customer agreement.