VXL Instruments Itona TC 2341-CE client device
VXL Instruments just rolled out its entry level thin client device known as the Itona TC 2341-CE. Judging by its name alone, you know that the Itona TC 2341-CE is powered by the Windows CE 5.0 operating system and it operates without the need for a fan to keep it cool. Check out the comprehensive list of features right after the jump.
- Processor: 1GHz Via C7
- Memory: 256MB DDR2 DRAM, 32MB flash
- Display: VGA output supports resolutions up to 1680 x 1050 pixels
- Networking: 10/100 Ethernet port, optional USB-based wireless adaptor
- Other I/O: 4 x USB 2.0 (2 front, 2 rear), 1 x serial, 1 x parallel, PS/2 keyboard and mouse
- Audio: Mic, line in, line out
- Dimensions: 9″ x 8.4″ x 2″
- Weight: 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg)
- Operating temperature range: 32 to 104 deg. F
- Power requirements: 100-240VAC, 11W average usage
It is interesting to note that the TC 2341-CE’s client software includes Microsoft’s RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) version 5.5, Citrix’s ICA (Independent Computing Architecture) client version 10, “Unix connectivity” software, and terminal emulation software from Ericom. What does all of this mean to the layman? For starters, it is able to hook up to Windows, Citrix, and Unix servers, in addition to legacy mainframes and minicomputers. You can also perform remote management, configuration, and complete image upgrades through the pre-loaded XLmanage software. The device itself can be activated remotely through its wake-on-LAN feature, booting from its own flash memory or over the network via PXE (preboot execution environment).
The Itona TC 2341-CE is currently available for sale, although there is no word on pricing or availability as at press time. Previously, a similar device based on an 800MHz Via processor was available for less than $200, so don’t expect to fork out too much for this.
Source: Windows For Devices