Kaossilator Touchpad Synthesizer For The Geek Virtuoso
When you think of “music on the go” you most likely think of an iPod or another portable music and video player. But what if you’re the type of person who likes to make music, especially electronic music? It’s pretty difficult to cart around all your synthesizers and equipment just for the time when you feel the need to make some music.
From the unlikely source of Think Geek you can find the Kaossilator Touchpad Synthesizer. What looks like an innocent pocket-sized touchpad with a few buttons and a dial is really quite a complex and robust musical creation tool. From the website:
Rather than using keys or buttons to play musical notes, the Kaossilator features a revolutionary touchpad design. Move your finger from left to right to change the pitch of the note, and up and down to change the sound. But musical sounds are only the beginning, the Kaossilator can also be used like a drum kit with dozens of built in beats and drum sounds. Plus you get some amazing sound effects from laser blasts to Pac Man. You can put everything to good use with the built-in loop recording feature which lets you layer virtually unlimited tracks to create complex songs combining lead instruments, drum beats and sound effects together.
Also on Think Geek’s site is a clip showing the Kaossilator in action. Watching the development of layer upon layer of great sound in a loop is really amazing to watch. If you’re a musician, or somone who just wants to be, and needs that compact little package, pick one up today for $199.99.
- Pocket sized Musical Synthesizer uses a Touch Pad to Play Music
- Easy to use. No previous musical experience required.
- Built-in Synth, sound-effects, and drum sounds, for a total of 100 powerful sound programs.
- 31 scale patterns let you easily play a wide variety of “always perfect” phrases.
- 50 types of gate arpeggiation help you perform complex rhythmic patterns.
- Loop Recording allows multiple phrase overdubbing to create complete grooves
- Output stereo audio via the built in headphone jack with volume or use the RCA style audio-out jacks
- Runs off of 4 AA Batteries (Not included)
- Different Sound Programs : 100
- Musical Scale Patterns: 31
- Key Range: +/- 12
- Types of Gate Arpeggiator: 50
- Connectors: Headphone Jack, RCA Style Audio-Out
- Stereo Playback
- Sampling Frequency: 48kHz
- D-A Conversion: 24-bit Linear
- Battery Life: Approximately 5 hours
- Dimensions: 106 mm (W) x 129mm (D) x 29 mm (H)
- Weight: 154 g / 5.43 oz. (without batteries)