Static Electricity Eliminator Saves Your Electronic Gear
It’s that time of year, especially in the upper Midwest where I live. You come into your house from the outdoors, take off your jacket and the first metal object you touch….ZAP!! You get a shock. Or you’re walking around your furnace-heated house (which is most likely carpeted in some way, shape or form) and you again touch a metal or electrical object…ZAP!!! The risk when you walk around in your own home is that most likely, you will be touching your home computer or laptop and risk a device-destroying electrical zap.
Over at ThinkGeek, they sell the Static Electricity Eliminator, which is an ingenious little device that helps ensure that you are “static free”. All you do is hold the Static Electricity Eliminator and touch the rubber tip to a grounded object (a metal desk leg, your car door, a metal peg leg, etc). You will see a little face flash on the Static Electricity Eliminator’s screen verifying that you are static free. The best part is that it does not require batteries or a recharge to make it work (because you are the electricity by generating the static charge in the first place), you’ll be able to use it for many more winters to come.
Now you can safely take off your polar fleece and wool jackets without endangering your electronic gadgets! Go get one over at ThinkGeek for $9.99 – which is way cheaper than replacing that laptop.