Handyman Gift Guide
The definition of handyman can be seen as “a man skilled in various odd jobs and other small tasks” – something rare to exist nowadays. Right ladies?
Anyhow, the following 10 gadgets are suited for the almost-in-extinction handyman, from cookers to campers, and GPS lovers, we’ve got it all here.
The products are ordered by price, not by usefulness or multi-functionality.
Garmin GPSMap 76 Handheld GPS Navigator
This Garmin GPS System is made for the handyman that likes the marine life, aka driving boats. It doesn’t have much internal memory, only 8MB that are suppose to be used when adding more data from the MapSource CDs.
Other features include 500 waypoints + maps of rivers, lakes, worldwide cities, and more + computer that shows info about trip distance, average speed, and a timer.
Black & Decker Alligator Lopper Electric Chain Saw
If this Black & Decker existed 50 years ago, I bet it would be a hit for sure.
The Black & Decker Aligator Electronic Chain Saw has a 4.5 Amp motor, and a 4-inch cut limit. You can use it to cut small (or big) pieces of wood to use on your fireplace, unlike what happens while using a manual chain saw, you won’t get tired.
Take a big bite out of fallen trees, tree limbs and brush with the Alligator Lopper, a revolutionary new cutting tool that provides chainsaw-like cutting performance in an un-intimidating and easy to use tool. With its scissor-like action, the Alligator Lopper’s rugged metal jaws clamp onto logs and thick branches, as well as smaller tree limbs and vines and then saws through them with ease.
Auto Emergency Kit
When a handyman hits the road, an emergency kit is a must-have gadget, and the Auto Emergency Kit has plenty of products that will help anyone:
Jumper cables, digital tire gauge, air compressor, 8″ slip-joint pliers, screwdrivers, reflective triangle, gloves, emergency light, first aid kit, emergency lantern.
Talking Food Thermometer With Remote Handset
A real handyman also likes to cook, therefore, a talking food thermometer is always a useful gadget. Just stick the probe on the meat (be it a beef, lamb, pork, chicken, etc) and go watch TV on your living room, but don’t forget keep the remote control near you because it sends alarms when the cooking process is done, and displays details about the exact temperature and other valuable information.
Once again, a gadget that wasn’t available in the past (read two centuries ago) but it would be very useful at that time.
Its working mode is rather simple – press a button and the light turns on, press it again to turn it off. What makes it special is the temperature that it can get – 1,300 degrees C – which is enough to do a soldering job, remove paint, and plumbing repairs.
There is a folding stand for a hands-free function, and it works with butane fuel.
Give the option for an auto wrench or a manual wrench to everyone in the world, and 98% of the persons will pick the auto wrench that is able to adjust itself (electronically) with a touch of a button, making all the hard and easy tasks much easier. The other 2% are old-school workers that are used to the manual version.
It works with 2AA batteries, measures 8-inches, and weighs 1.3 pounds.
The area where this wrench really shines is in hard-to-reach spots where mobility is obscured, such as under sinks. A typical situation where the Auto Wrench would help might be one in which you’re awkwardly reaching for a nut underneath the kitchen faucet. With a comparable manual wrench, it’s conceivable you would fumble around with the adjusting mechanism for minutes on end, and then toss a fit. With the Auto Wrench, you’d simply press a button (positioned where you rest your thumb) and the jaws would open or close to your specifications.
Desktop Personal Air Conditioner
When working in front of the computer, or simply relaxing on the living room after a busy day, every handyman needs an air conditioner for the hot days, and the Desktop Personal Air Conditioner is on my top 5 lists of these kind of gadgets, it should be in yours too.
It works with frozen water and two D batteries – enough said.
13-in-1 Multi-Tool Pen
Lets face it, one gadget being able to do plenty of tasks is as good as a handyman – that is why I like this 13-in-1 Multi-Tool Pen.
Besides some normal functions, like the obvious ballpoint pen and sweezers, the unique gadget comes with: hole puncher, stainless steel file, short cutting blade, flat screwdriver, nail remover, ear pick, long cutting blade, philips screwdriver, stainless steel fork, and a saw. Good enough for you?
Price: AU$25 (US$22)
Multi-Function Campers Tool
An essential item not only for a handyman, but for everyone.
The Multi-Function Tool has campers as the target and features 15 functions in only 1 device. There is a wire cutter, a can opener, 2 knife blades, and much more.