How many daily gadget posts should we do?


We’re currently in the process of recruiting some new blood to the writing team of Coolest Gadgets, we’ve had about 20 applicants which I am sifting though (if you haven’t heard back from me yet you will do very soon, whilst if you meant to apply it’s not too late yet).

Whilst taking on new writers I thought it would be a good time to re-evaluate how many posts we do on a daily basis and more importantly how many posts you the reader would like us to do on a daily basis. So please let us know by voting in the poll or leaving a comment.


If you reading this via the feed or a personalised Google home page you’ll need to visit the site to cast your vote. Thanks in advance everybody.

6 reviews or comments

Jacob Allred Says: April 2, 2007 at 8:36 pm

Lots of posts == a few good items mixed in with a bunch of crap nobody wants to read about

Marc Says: April 3, 2007 at 4:37 am

True, but one persons crap is somebody else’s “coolest thing ever” so it’s a tough thing to put a number against.

tecwzrd Says: April 3, 2007 at 6:01 am

I voted 6-10 since I rss feed about 5 different tech related sites and would rather see more quality posts on topics that truly are the “coolest gadgets” versus 20+ posts on topics already covered by everyone else.

Al Says: April 3, 2007 at 12:00 pm

Thanks for the comments and votes guys, we seem to have quite a spread vote at the moment.

Forciare Says: April 3, 2007 at 4:06 pm

I agree with Marc. And I spend 98% of my time at CG while leaving that 2% for the other sites, so if you have a lot of rss feeds and you know that it will come up on CG why not just stick with the best? I cant get enough cool gadgets and if I see something that doesnt interest me, I just scroll by. Keep as many coming as you can! (Obviously, I voted for 21+).

Matt Says: April 4, 2007 at 9:22 am

I voted 6-10. There’s a ton of new gadgets every week and those numbers increase all the time. It’s going to be hard to keep up with it all with any less than 6 per day.

Ok, fine… I also figured if I voted for 6-10 per day, my chances of getting picked to blog for CG would be a bit better. :)

Write a review or comment

You may use <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> in your comment.

Top Categories
Latest Posts
Subscribe to Newsletter