BlueAnt’s Interphone Handsfree For Motorcyclists
It is not the first time we mention BlueAnt and their bluetooth headsets, remember the BlueAnt X5?
This time they have come up with a device that targets a “small” population instead of the over populated market like normal headsets. The Interphone Handsfree & Intercom is oriented for motorcyclists and it is suppose to be used on different kind of helmets – full faced or open faced.
So, what is so special about the latest BlueAnt device? A lot of stuff:
- water resistant, so no worries when it is raining while you are on the road
- better than average digital signal processor, which means less exterior noise/echo to offer a better listening experience
- intercom feature, this one is pretty good – if other motorcyclists have another BlueAnt device and are near you (490 feet), just start a chat session in a matter of seconds
- bluetooth works with your cellphone within a range of 33 feet
- compatible with GPS devices as well
- good battery life – 10 hours on continuous talk (I wonder if anyone can talk for 10 straight hours non-stop) or 700 in stand-by mode
- good sound and connectivity quality while riding at 80mph (or so they say)
- the volume is adjusted taking in consideration the speed induced environmental noise
- big button control which is easy to use even while wearing gloves
- different features such as automatic voice answer, voicing dialing and redial functionality
For $190 it can be yours, that is, if you really need one.