Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope…
The LucasArts franchise gains yet another prodcut with this R2D2 styled DVD projector from Nikko Electronics. It may not be able to project holograms but it is a DVD player, projector and remote controlled robot!
The feature list is:
- LCoS PRojector projecting up to 80″ wide
- iPod dock
- DVD Player (with remote styled after millenium falcon)
- Memory card slot for photo slideshows
- Movement and sound of the whole unit via remote control
- Built in speakers
- FM Transmitter broadcasts audio on up to 7 frequencies
Honestly, I don’t know if this isn’t a case of “form over function”. It’s certainly cool but I’m not sure how practical it is! Still, if you’re a Star Wars collector this is something you’re going to want.
Gizmodo have video of it in action – sweet!