Nintendo Wii Launch at NYC
The most wanted gaming device (besides PS3 of course) comes from Nintendo and has the peculiar “Wii” name, by the way – it reads wee and not why.
The official Wii launch on US (NYC) is only a few hours/minutes away and there has been a great blogging reportage made by Gizmodo, props to them because that is where I picked up the photo for this post.
So with all the recent Nintendo Wii Launch news, I thought about giving you a resume based on their reports:
- there is a launch party for this console, it is being held at Times Square in NYC
- a lot of people are waiting, Gizmodo talks about 1,000 people
- there are a lot of Wii’s waiting for a new owner too, numbers point to 5,000 units
- each person on the “waiting line” receives a white Wii bracelet, it is their passport for a Wii. The persons that don’t have a bracelet won’t be able to buy one today
- among the people waiting on the line, there are 2 special characters (read nintendo freaks). The first-one-on-the-line also known as Triforce has been camped at Times Square for 9 days and if he doesn’t get a Wii, he will probably kick someone’s ass. John is the name of the second character, if you take a look at his photo you will understand why – he is wearing a sweatshirt with old nintendo controls and is even wearing the really old-school power glove
- during the waiting time the faithful people were able to have some time playing Wii, thanks to the people at Toys ‘R ‘Us for keeping them entertained
- during the launch party there was suppose to be 2 concerts, but the stage is so badly placed that the first ones on the line can’t see
Thanks to Gizmodo, check them up for more updates.