New and Improved LED Badges and Buckles
I know we’ve reported on the LED Belt buckle before but as it’s now up to Version 2 I just had to write about it again, along with the matching scrolling LED badge.
Starting off with the Scrolling LED badge (II), well it looks pretty much like the Scrolling LED badge version I. It still fastens on via a magnetic clasp though does appear to be a shade smaller it’s still easily readable enough for a geek to stand out from across the side of the room.
Physically the second edition of the LED Buckle looks a lot squarer, it has a similar feature set (can you call it that) to the first with:
- Onboard speed and brightness adjustments
- All functions can be programmed without a computer (using the onboard programming buttons)
- Can store up to 6 messages, each message 256 characters long
- Takes two CR2032 batteries (included)
- Comes with user manual
- Dimensions: 3.5″ x 1.8″
- Available in Blue, Red or White
End of the day this is probably not a worthy upgrade and if you have version 1 I’m sure it will meet you current needs (though look forward to version 3). However if you’re a new user (or have loads of money or friends) you can get both from ThinkGeek, the LED Badge or the Belt Buckle