Yet Another LED Clock
Arrrg I’m getting like my parents. My old folks have collected clocks for years, it’s actually wise to avoid the house at the hours of 11 and 12 as the chimes and rings may not deafening but they’re bloody annoying.
I never thought I’d get into this odd fetish of clock collecting but though and behold what happens, I saw another clock today that I’m after; the visually stunning (advertisers words not mine) Dreamtime LED Clock.
Like my other favorite clock (the TIX LED) the Dreamtime doesn’t have any obvious way of telling you the time, it just sits there color-morphing. In order to find out the time you have to activate it via a touch sensor and it will then tell the time by playing an assortment of chimes.
The full feature list of the clock is:
- Tells the exact time via a series of chimes when activated with the touch sensor.
- When idle, will gently morph through a myriad of colors with the built-in LEDs and integrated circuitboard.
- Can be set to chime on the half and whole hours (grandfather clock style) Noooooooooooo
- Chimes / Lights interact with each other to tell the time
- 2 Sleep Modes available (guess that means it also has an alarm)
- Requires 3 AA batteries for Memory Back-up function, Ac Adapter included
- Dimensions: 7.5 ” on all sides. It’s a triangle.
It’s available online from ThinkGeek.com (how many time have I said that in the past few months) for a cent shy of $40. I wonder in the years to come will my daughter come and visit and complain about the number of ridiculous old fashioned LED time pieces I have dotted around the house.