Logitech G15 Keyboard
Offering gamers an unprecedented level of in-game information, challenge and experience, the Logitech G15 keyboard is state-of-the-art programmable and controllable device, designed especially for gamers. As the first keyboard in the G-series family, the Logitech G15 is equipped with built-in auxiliary LCD display, 18 programmable keys, and packaged with advanced software, making it easy for customising commands for every different game. The adjustable-tilt, backlit LCD can be programmed to display vital in-game information, or data from other applications, without interrupting game play.
Logitech´s first-of-its-kind LCD display will be supported by several new games later this year, providing game information such as score, times, health status, and ammunition levels. Furthermore, the LCD panel can also be programmed to display information from other applications, such as incoming email alerts, CPU speed, or even media player information, without interfering on-screen display. The LCD panel can be folded down to protect the screen when not in use, offering maximum portability.
Some of the special features of G15 are:
- View game stats: Game information or data can be displayed by the GamePanel LCD panel.
- Play in the dark: Illuminated characters, with 3 levels of backlighting.
- Programmable macro commands:18 fully programmable “G Keys” have three shift states each, for 54 possible custom macros per game.
- Eliminate additional cables: Intelligently route mouse, headset, or other cables using convenient channels under the keyboard.
- Record custom key sequences: Make on-the-fly additions to your key programming set with Macro Record button.
- Watch and listen: Media keys for convenient audio and video playback.
- PC with Pentium processor or compatible
- Windows XP
- 256MB Ram
- 20MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- USB port
- Logitech GamePanel LCD requires software that supports GamePanel technology
Contents packed in the box are the Logitech G15 keyboard, Installation CD with GamePanel software, and a User Guide manual. In addition, the device comes with 2 years limited warranty.
The keyboard has two full-speed USB ports built in, making it easy to plug in a mouse, a headset or another peripheral, without filling up all the ports on the PC. The keyboard also features a gaming mode switch, which, when turned on, disables the Windows key so gamers won´t get dropped out of a game if they accidentally press it.
Currently, suggested retail price is at $136, and will be available at at some leading IT retail stores.